The rise of professional websites has become an unstoppable trend in China's e-commerce development. According to a survey, the growth rate in 2007 is expected to be close to 50%. Regarding many professional websites, after a period of development, they seized the opportunity and won a certain market share. Together, it will face the challenges of many new entrants, and the competition in the market will become increasingly fierce.
In terms of those Internet companies supported by VC, the first problem facing professional websites is the problem of skills. In recent years, there has been no revolutionary breakthrough in Internet skills, but it has also been gradually carried out in some slender places. These slender changes fall into the category of skills. Except for a few professional websites, most professional websites have many problems in terms of skills. Failure to master these slender changes and follow up will be at a disadvantage in future competitions.
Therefore, the intention of writing this article is to explore some basic indicators that professional websites should have. The article will cite a lot of examples and simple words to support my concept. Together, they are not limited to the skill level, but more to discuss the reasons brought about by the form of skills. Cost and competitive advantage.
I. Scientificity-Follow up the mainstream Internet application skills The so-called scientificity refers to whether the skills of the website itself are scientific and efficient. Have you selected many necessary Internet skills, for example, the latest W3C specification xhtml, template separation skills, RSS skills, generating static pages, and so on.
Let me give a few analogies in between:
1.W3C latest specification xhtml
With the changes of various browser versions and terminal devices, the specification of the page is very necessary. The page code is also standardized. For example, there are many companies that produce mechanical parts. These companies provide products for European and American countries. These products have consistent specifications before they can be assembled into a complete product. For example, the PC keyboard in front of us, basically Universal on any machine.
With the need for personalization, there are now many brands of browser products, and even IE itself has different versions. In addition, there are differences in speech coding in different countries and regions. This asks our professional website to follow the latest specifications to get used to this change.
What are the well-known websites that converted from previous html to xhtml? Yahoo, Sina, Netease, Sohu, Alibaba, TOM, Dangdang ... Almost all the well-known websites in China have been converted to xhtml, and the foreign names are even earlier. There is a proper noun for converting from html to xhtml, which is a book titled "Website Refactoring" from the United States two years ago. There is a surprising saying in the book that "99.9% of websites are unqualified ", After more than two years, most of our well-known websites have been restructured, but the phrase on the skill level still applies to professional websites, that is," 99.9% of professional websites are unqualified. "
Of course, in addition to habitually different browsers, website reconstruction has many advantages, such as reducing the burden of server, accelerating the speed of page browsing, improving the search engine's friendliness, and reducing the cost of revision. In short, following the strategy is one of the main strategies of professional websites, so follow up and start preparing for refactoring!
2. Pick your own development language and environment. A popular saying in the field of skills today is that an excellent scientific system is not necessary for the development of language. In a nutshell, it is when the skill level reaches a certain level. Most skilled people think that asp, php, jsp, asp.net, etc. are not very different. However, as far as professional websites are concerned, only a few professional websites have their own skills teams, and most professional websites are still entrusted to online companies to develop. What kind of speech environment to choose for development is the first confusion:
There are many arguments in the area of skills. We don't discuss too much here, we just briefly introduce them. It also exemplifies the skills used by well-known websites. These well-known websites have strong financial support and have the highest level of skilled personnel. They must be more confident in following their steps.
Today's commonly used languages are asp, php, jsp, asp.net, other cgi and other languages do not comment, the commonly used databases are Access, SQL server, Mysql, Oracle.
1. Choose words
Asp is the most commonly used language. It is a Microsoft product and is now gradually replaced by asp.net, which is also a Microsoft product. PHP is another more commonly used language, and it is also a widely used language. Due to the operating environment Since each environment is open source, it has been developed quickly. jsp and asp.net are relatively high-end words in the Internet field, and jsp is relatively old and sophisticated. Many large websites use this language; asp.net is a powerful weapon launched by Microsoft as a competition with jsp, and it has also been widely used. Use.
An interesting anecdote is that Microsoft Corporation with asp.net and SUN Corporation with jsp. In order to compare skills, they selected excellently skilled personnel to launch a store program called a pet store. The results of the final competition are said to be indiscriminate. (Related source code can be downloaded for free)
2. Pick a database
Access is a Microsoft product and a small database product. It is not suitable for professional websites with a large amount of data, from all aspects of data storage capacity, processing ability, and security.
SQL Server, as Microsoft's flagship product, now has multiple versions, and is one of the most operating databases on the Internet today. With Microsoft's investment in Internet skills, we have reason to believe that it will become stronger and stronger.
Mysql is also a very widely used database. Because its main management programs and operating environment are open source, it is very agile and the combination with PHP is now more sophisticated.
Oracle is a relatively high-end database worldwide. It is mainly used in many very large systems. In the Internet field, only large websites use this database. However, we see that as the competition between Microsoft and Oracle is gradually upgraded, SQLserver has begun to become more sophisticated, and national agencies including the US fire protection system have now selected SQLserver, which has brought a lot of impact to Oracle.
3. Conclusion If you feel a little dizzy after watching a bunch of words, then you can forget about it. Many relationships in the meantime are still endlessly debated by many skilled personnel. We only analyze how to choose a career website.
The final conclusion is to recommend the choice of Asp.net + SQL server or PHP + Mysql, I think this is also the view of most people. Relatively speaking, asp has gradually started to be replaced by asp.net. The form of jsp + oracle is too expensive, and it is not recommended for professional websites.
Asp.net and PHP have their own advantages, which are more suitable for professional websites. In terms of capital and future expansion, asp.net is relatively more suitable. Together, asp.net's skilled personnel in the talent market are relatively easy to recruit.
Today, there are those websites that use asp.net. Of course, the most famous is undoubtedly Microsoft. The hotmail commonly used by everyone is now moved to the .net platform. In addition, Microsoft's live.com has chosen asp.net language. . Today, a large part of professional websites still use asp, but some well-known websites have been converted from the original asp to asp.net. Among them are the well-known Dangdang, Ctrip, China Talent Network, and PCPOP. ), Etc., csdn.net, the largest skill community in China, also chooses asp.net.
Regardless of the outcome of the debate, there is no need to delve into the details of the skills. As a professional website practitioner, you can first select some successful and well-known sites, and then you need to think about the development cost and whether you can quickly find a suitable developer. .
2. Scalability——The rapid change of the habit market The so-called expansibility refers to whether the website can change its habits agilely and whether it has sufficient sensitivity. The market is changing rapidly. Following the changes in user experience, visual experience, and business processes, the request program has a sensitive extension function to get used to understanding the changing market needs.
1. Changing face Alibaba, as the leader of e-commerce in China, has become the target of many professional websites. So far, we still see very early professional website programs that imitate Alibaba. However, recently Alibaba Chinese has changed its face several times in a short period of time. This has caused many dizzy job sites that are modeled on Alibaba. Alibaba has adjusted its own business processes and user experience so quickly that a major factor is that It is because Alibaba has a rapid face-changing function, that is, it uses the skills that separate the template from the program.
Alibaba has the most advanced UCD team in China, responsible for user experience and UI planning. These new names and forms of operation are unheard of for most professional websites. Although the development of professional websites has become a mega trend, Alibaba will suffer an unprecedented and unprecedented impact. This is also what it has launched so-called "clothing networks", Channels such as “Chemical Network” also performed one of the dazzling face-changing factors several times; but Alibaba is still a great company, and its leading skills and forward-looking vision are still the goals of professional website learning. Jack Ma knows nothing about the skill level, but has the most advanced skills team, which is the main factor for success.
In addition to Alibaba's many well-known websites including NetEase, Sohu, Sina, etc. have experienced varying degrees of face change, most of them have used the template separation skills. Regarding professional websites, it is necessary to follow the trend. In the longer term, the biggest benefit is that the cost of the revision is reduced.
2. Rejuvenation Of course, Alibaba's change of face is not just a change of skin. Together, it can also quickly establish a business form to get used to the change of e-commerce. This is the expansibility of functions. I call it alive. The extensibility of the program, which mainly reflects the extensibility of functions, depends on what new activities you can play.
As for professional websites, it is necessary to give play to their own advantages in order to gain an advantage in the competition. Whether it is a vertical (within a professional website) or horizontal (comprehensive website) competition, it is necessary to have its own characteristics and be accustomed to the professional itself. Change, innovate unique business forms or functions. For example, the parameters of stainless steel and carbon steel in a steel website are different; the forms that should be filled out for Chinese medicine and western medicine in a pharmaceutical website are also different. Can you let users fill in different parameters when adding different products? This is the simplest change.
It is still an example to clarify: when looking at Alibaba, when we select mp3, there will be parameters such as brand, type, memory, screen, etc. When selecting a certain mechanical product, the user will fill in parameters such as motor power, spindle speed, working accuracy, etc. . This is just a small analogy of extensibility, but practicality is self-evident to users.
3. Conclusion For most professional websites, each revision requires endless manpower, material and financial resources, and the risk is very large, even for many professional websites that have poor extension functions and do not have their own core skills team. Revising means redoing. However, we can see from Alibaba's analogy that the rapidly changing market requires business processes and user experience to keep up. Only by capturing changes and keeping up with changes can we have an advantage in the competition.
For many companies that have been in professional websites for many years and have a certain market size and good income, the impact of some new professional websites on skills is very large. Can afford to use some new skills and business forms to provide better service.
Therefore, for professional websites, if you want to have a place in the fiercely competitive market in the future, it is necessary to work harder on skills. After all, it is necessary to hang a simple procedure to wait for advertising and membership fees. Gone forever! Many Internet companies with long experience and skills are now aware of this endless market.
3. Forward-looking—looking at the future development trend of e-commerce The so-called forward-looking means that it is necessary to have a forward-looking vision to get used to the future development trend of e-commerce. As far as Internet companies are concerned, gaining the lead is equal to gaining a winning competitive advantage. However, the first opportunity is often obtained by those with advanced vision, so for professional websites, whether or not they can get used to the future development trend is a major consideration.
1. Electronic payment Electronic payment is currently limited to b2c and c2c. There is little contrast in the use of B2B, but electronic payment in B2B is an inevitable trend. As a professional website, it is necessary to have a satisfying foresight to get used to electronic payment.
2. Electronic signature Today many business administration departments request the company to record the official seal. In the traditional category, the official seal is a company's credit guarantee. Countries in the field of e-commerce also vigorously promote the use of electronic signatures. Today, electronic signature skills are still being developed. As the main and most legally effective part of the entire e-commerce credit system, electronic signatures, digital certification, and electronic contracts With the country's increasing management of e-commerce, it will definitely be further promoted. Nowadays, a small number of e-commerce websites (most of which are professional websites) have chosen electronic signatures. Professional websites should also see this trend and make customary strategies.
3. E-commerce norms The e-commerce profession urgently needs to produce consistent e-commerce norms. I think the relevant state departments and some e-commerce skills companies have started to explore and hope to find a consistent e-commerce norm. The emergence of e-commerce specifications may go through a variety of difficulties, but this trend has gradually become a consensus.
A growing number of new e-commerce skills companies will promote consistent e-commerce norms, which may be rejected by professional leaders such as Alibaba. Like instant messaging, QQ rejection is the same as MSN, yahoo, etc., but it does not prevent professional websites and third-party e-commerce skills companies from cooperating and participating in competitions.
As for professional websites, being prepared constitutes a consistent specification, which is more conducive to future cooperation with various third-party skill companies, such as e-commerce search engines, instant messaging service providers, e-commerce payment companies, and even new CRM systems. The use of so-called SAAS software. An obvious analogy: In the future, e-commerce does not have to be in its original form. For professional websites, it may become a content provider and transaction platform in the entire e-commerce. Instant messaging is provided by a third party, which is similar to the W3C specification. Parts that request the output of a professional website can be seamlessly connected to the entire e-commerce business process.
Fourth, the summary may seem to be rolling under the tide under the calm waves, only to notice these slender changes in order to take advantage in the competition. Only a few professional websites have their own skills teams, and most professional websites are entrusted to develop their own products or directly purchase and modify them directly and use them directly.
Regarding the selection of professional websites for development or direct purchase, it is necessary to answer the following questions:
1. Have you selected the necessary new skills: such as generating static pages, conforming to the xhtml specification?
2. Does it have the function of template and program separation?
3. Does it have the necessary scalability and necessary data interfaces?
4. Did you choose a suitable speech program?
5. Is there a satisfying foresight and upgrade service?
6. Is there a professional and technical staff to do after-sales service?
7. Can I get used to more advanced skills such as electronic signatures and digital certification?
8. Is there a higher-end user experience and visual planning?
Career websites have become a trend of e-commerce development, and it has become a force that cannot be ignored.