As the tourism industry involves various aspects such as “food, lodging, travel, shopping and entertainment”, tourism websites generally divide into line pages, attractions pages, hotel pages, car rental pages, strategy news pages, and destination guide pages. In theory, These categories are relatively independent, so URLs are often designed as second-level domain names.
However, for different types of travel websites, whether a second-level domain name should be set up and how to design it properly are all headaches. The most important reason is that the small and medium-sized tourism websites themselves are not strong enough, it is easy to use the second-level domain name to disperse the weight, use the directory form, and it is not easy to expand the website information. Next, I will make a website editor to share with you the experience of designing second-level domain names.
The above example is a medium-sized travel website. The content is mainly lines, news pages, destinations, and travel notes. These pieces of content are relatively independent and have rich content. Therefore, this reason uses these pieces. secondary domain. However, because the product is a tourist route, and the news page has always existed in the form of a directory, the two parts use a directory structure, while the destination guide and travel notes, the content and structure are relatively independent. Search engines are more important, so we use secondary domain names for design.
Here are a few things to note:
1. Second-level domain names must be used after being rich in content (except for pan-parsed ones). Otherwise, it is easy to affect the correlation of the master station, and the weights are scattered seriously.
2. The content must be relatively independent from the main site in order to use the second-level domain name. Otherwise, it is possible that search engines do not include secondary domain names.
3. The second-level domain name of the Chinese website is best named by Pinyin, which is convenient for users to remember. (Except for common English words)
4. The second-level domain name is equivalent to a new domain name. The transmission of weight will be affected, and the development of the website will be relatively slow. You need to prepare in advance.
5. Multiple second-level domain names cannot be accessed by each other, otherwise it is extremely easy to be judged as cheating.
A few tips:
1. When we need to compete for keywords, when the opponent is using a second-level domain name or a top-level domain name, we can use the second-level domain name to operate reasonably.
2. The current number of pages on the website is below 10,000. Do not use second-level domain names. Instead, expand the content around the main site, and temporarily use second-level directories for other related content. Such as hotels, car rental.
3. Whether it is a second-level domain name or a directory, it is strongly related to the theme of the website. If the content to be added is very weak or not related to the theme, it is recommended to enable a new top-level domain for website construction
4. The number of second-level domain names should be measured according to the strength of the website. If only three people maintain the website, it is basically not necessary to build a second-level domain name.
5. When optimizing the second-level domain name, it should be carried out separately. YouChain, regular external links, etc. must run independently.
In general, second-level domain names can only be played by Gao Fushuai. Generally, small and medium-sized tourism websites that build second-level domain names should be carefully measured to ensure that they can do their best.