The basic steps of building a website domain name is one of the most basic elements of a foreign trade e-commerce website and a very important factor in the construction
of a foreign trade website
. Choosing a domain name that is easy for customers to remember can make your foreign trade website stand out and reduce a lot of promotion costs. In order to improve the ranking of the website in search engines and make it easier for foreign customers to remember your domain name, foreign trade websites should follow the following principles when choosing a domain name.
1. Independent domain surveys show that most search engines rank websites with less "importance" when they don't have independent domain names. Therefore, independent domain names will be more recognized by search engines.
2. Longer valid domain names The longer the valid domain name, the more trust the search engine gives the domain name. Therefore, in general, the domain names of large companies are usually registered for ten years or more. Therefore, foreign trade websites should try to register for a longer time when registering domain names.
3． The long-standing domain name search engine's PR value scoring criteria is based on the length of time the domain name is included in the search engine. The acquisition of a domain name that has existed for a long time is very helpful for search engine optimization. Search engine optimization technology can shorten the time to optimize a keyword even months. Therefore, the domain names used by foreign trade websites can also be purchased by purchasing old valuable domain names.
4． Domain names that provide detailed information when registering should not use anonymous registration services provided by some domain name registrars just because they want to protect privacy. Although this protects privacy, there is also a risk that search engines may reduce the trust of such domain names. Therefore, when foreign trade websites register domain names, they still need to provide detailed and accurate registration information.
5． Significant domain names If the domain name is related to foreign trade products, it is best. Do n’t forget that you can register multiple domain names, link different domain names to different website pages, so that you can bring visitors to the website, and improve the ranking of foreign trade websites in search engines.
6. It should be as short as possible, but not as short as possible. The domain name must be short, which is the principle to be followed by all types of websites. No user is willing to remember a domain name composed of a long string of numbers and letters, and a long domain name is not easily searchable by search engines. But this is not to say that the shorter the domain name, the better. We need to determine the length of the domain name on the basis of considering the needs and habits of customers and our own foreign trade business.
7. Use English words whenever possible In order to facilitate customers' memory, domain names of foreign trade websites should use English words whenever possible. The use of English words in domain names is, on the one hand, because foreign customers are more familiar with English words, which can facilitate their direct access to the website; on the other hand, the use of English words in domain names will be easier to be crawled by foreign web crawlers, increasing the website's customer base. Ranking in search results.
8. To meet customer needs and usage habits Foreign trade websites are mainly targeted at foreign users. They prefer to search for the products they need in search engines, and generally add words such as cheap and discount. Therefore, the domain name of a foreign trade website should include search keywords commonly used by users as much as possible, so that it will be easily crawled by web crawlers and increase the probability of customers visiting your website.
9. You can consider adding hot words to the domain name. If possible, you can consider adding several hot words to the domain name of the foreign trade website, such as Olympic, etc. On the one hand, it will be easier for customers to remember. Deep impression, on the other hand, can make our foreign trade website easier to be crawled by web crawlers and increase the website's ranking in search engines.
A domain name, like a person's clothes and appearance, is the first impression an enterprise gives a customer. Choosing a domain name that is easy to remember and valuable is a very important part of the construction
of a foreign trade website
. The several principles mentioned above are the general principles that foreign trade websites should consider when selecting a domain name. In practice, foreign trade companies can comprehensively determine themselves based on these principles based on the characteristics of their foreign trade and their customers Domain name.